Benefits of Training Remote Employees
Due to COVID-19, many employees work from home. As an employer, you should be aware of the benefits of training remote employees!
Since 2005, the number of people who work from home has increased by 140%. Just because your remote employees can’t gather in a lecture venue doesn’t mean you shouldn’t offer training.
Enter the learning management system (LMS). Learning management systems allow employers to deliver training, automate the training process, track each user’s progress, send notifications, and generate certifications.
Below are the top benefits of training your remote employees on an LMS!
1. Increased employee productivity.
Remote employees are already 35-40% more productive than their office counterparts. By providing online training, employees become even more productive. Training can refresh employees on their old skills, or teach them new skills.
2. Less employee errors.
Not only will employees be more productive, but they will also do their jobs with less errors. Shift eLearning writes, “A company is only as good as its employees, and those employees are really only as good as the resources put into them.” When employees do their job tasks correctly the first time, they make your organization look good. Also, they save your organization time and money that would have been spent fixing their mistakes.
3. Increased employee confidence.
Training also increases employee confidence, meaning employees contribute more powerfully to your organization. If employees are more confident, they will move forward more quickly with less supervision, less stress, and more productivity.
4. Increased employee engagement.
One of the benefits of training remote employees is that they will be more engaged. Training increases employee engagement.
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) defines engaged employees as people who are “satisfied with their jobs, enjoy their work and the organization, believe that their job is important, take pride in their company, and believe that their employer values their contributions.” SHRM explains how this decreases employee turnover rate, saving valuable money and time.
The Association for Talent Development (ATD) explains that engaged employees result in a performance that is 200% higher than non-engaged employees. Engaged employees also contribute to 41% lower absenteeism.
5. Increase employee loyalty.
In the previous point, we mentioned that training decreases employee turnover rate. When you focus on investing training into your employees, they will want to stay with your company longer. Many employees are focused on career development, and if you don’t provide them with ways to develop, they’ll find a company that does!
6. Stay COVID-19 safe.
Online training is the key to keeping your employees safe from COVID-19. Gone are the days where stuffing your employees into a crowded training venue is standard. Remote training is essential to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in your workplace. Since your employees are already remote, why wouldn’t you use an LMS to provide online training?
Best Practices to Create Remote Training Modules
- Centralize learning information on one LMS. Choose an LMS that is easy to use and intuitive to support your employees that are less comfortable with technology.
- Think about your audience before creating the course. What training would benefit these employees the most? Will you focus on hard or soft skills? How can you make the information easily digestible and relevant to their role?
- Stick to your learning objectives for each course. Don’t measure success based on how long the course is. In fact, the shorter the better. Keep your courses specific.
- Make learning self-paced. With an LMS, it’s easy to let employees take control over their own learning path. You can give them a deadline, but let them work the training into their schedule.
- Document training. An LMS does this automatically for you.
- Analyze learner data after training in order to tweak courses to make them more effective.
Try our LMS!
Now you know the benefits of training your remote employees. You also know the best practices of doing so. You’re ready to try out an LMS!
Request a demonstration, and we will show you the features our LMS has to offer. Remote training has never been easier, and our team is here to help you every step of the way.